Lithium polymer battery, also known as polymer lithium battery, is a chemical battery with high energy, miniaturization and light weight compared with previous batteries. Lithium polymer batteries have ultra-thin features in shape, and can be made into batteries of different shapes and capacities to meet the needs of some products. The theoretical minimum thickness of this type of battery can reach 0.4mm. What are the characteristics of lithium polymer batteries?
What are the characteristics of lithium polymer batteries?
After years of development, lithium polymer batteries have a variety of battery forms, including conventional lithium polymer batteries and unconventional lithium polymer batteries. Unconventional lithium polymer batteries have low temperature, high rate, high voltage, and fast charging. Wait. The following lithium polymer battery characteristics mainly refer to conventional lithium polymer batteries. The main characteristics of lithium polymer batteries are as follows.
- Improve night leakage. Before the advent of lithium polymer batteries, many batteries were commonly leaked, and most of the leaked liquids were harmful substances that would affect the environment. The organic solvent electrolyte or semi-solid electrolyte of lithium polymer battery improves this situation very well. But not 100% solution.
- The shape can be designed at will. Due to the particularity of the electrolyte of the lithium polymer battery, it is determined that it can change shape at will. This is a big boon for shaped batteries. Because it can be made thinner, smaller and lighter.
- Single high voltage cell. In order to obtain a high voltage for a battery with a liquid electrolyte, it must be connected in series. Not ideal for large quantities. The lithium polymer battery can be made into a multi-layer combination in a single cell to achieve high voltage. see more:difference between lithium and alkaline batteries
- High discharge capacity. In theory, a Li-polymer battery will discharge about 10% more than a Li-ion battery of the same size.
- Low potential safety hazard. The lithium polymer battery itself is packaged in aluminum and plastic, and the electrolyte is still solid or semi-solid. Therefore, relatively many electrolyte batteries have a lot less risk of battery explosion.
Low temperature lithium polymer battery characteristics
- High discharge performance at low temperature, the lowest discharge rate at -50°C at 0.2C, the efficiency is over 60%; at -40°C, discharge at 0.2C, the discharge capacity reaches 80%;
- Excellent low-temperature cycle performance, charge and discharge at 0.5C at -30°C, and the capacity will remain above 85% after 300 cycles;
- The size is flexible, and can be customized in size and shape according to customer needs;
- High safety performance, passed UL/CE/UN certification;
- It has the ability of mass production, and the consistency of the battery is good.
High rate lithium polymer battery features
- It has the characteristics of large current discharge, excellent performance, sufficient explosive force, high discharge platform, and good cycle life;
- The discharge rate can meet the pulse 150C, 45C continuous discharge, and 5C fast charging capabilities;
- It has high energy density and adopts lamination process. Because of its small internal resistance, it is more conducive to rate charging and discharging, and high-efficiency output performance;
- Higher discharge rate, up to 45C; instantaneous discharge up to 150C;
- Ultra-thin features, small battery size, extremely light weight, can be made into special-shaped batteries of various shapes and capacities, and the minimum thickness is 0.4mm.
High voltage lithium polymer battery characteristics
- High energy density, longer battery life, up to 15% higher than ordinary batteries;
- The discharge platform is high and stable, and frequent use does not affect the life of the battery;
- Under the same magnification and size, the energy density of the battery is increased by about 15%;
- The rate cycle performance can maintain 80% of the original capacity after 300 times;
- Simulate the actual use for reliability test, which can meet the service life of 3 years, and meet the needs of high and low temperature and different magnification power industry applications;Also read:how do you put out a lithium ion battery fire?
- Capable of large-scale mass production, good consistency of batteries.
Features of fast charging lithium polymer battery
- It can reach 3C to 5C charging speed, which is three to five times faster than conventional battery charging time, saving charging time and improving battery usage efficiency;
- The charging temperature is stable, and the surface temperature does not exceed 65 degrees Celsius;
- Durable and fast charging more than 500 times, still maintain 80% capacity;
- Safe and reliable, in line with lithium battery safety standards such as IEC, UL, PSE, UN38.3.